Summary: Starting New Game Plus (NG+) in Persona 5 Royal allows you to experience the game once again with all of your progress and items from your previous playthrough. This article will guide you through the steps on how to start NG+, including how to carry over important items, what changes in NG+, and tips for making the most out of this mode.
1. How to Start NG+
Starting a new game plus in Persona 5 Royal is easy to do. After completing the game’s final boss, you will be given the option to save your clear data. Make sure to select “Yes” when prompted, and it will create a new save file for you to start NG+. When you load this save file, you will see an option to start NG+ which will take you to the title screen. From there, you can start a new game or continue your previous playthrough.
Note that some features, such as costumes and social stats, will not carry over until certain conditions are met in-game. However, most of your confidant levels, items, and equipment will carry over, giving you a head start on your new playthrough.
If you don’t have a completed save file, you can start NG+ by selecting the “New Game +” option from the main menu. This will create a new save file for NG+, but you won’t be able to carry over any of your previous progress.
2. What Carries Over in NG+
When starting a new game plus in Persona 5 Royal, most of your progress and items will carry over. Here is a list of what will carry over:
- Persona Compendium and Skill Cards
- Money and Equipment in your Inventory
- Stats like Knowledge, Guts, Kindness, Charm, and Proficiency
- Confidant levels and abilities
- Items in your storage
Additionally, there are a few special items that you can only obtain in NG+. These include:
- Protector and Accessory that ify all damage except Almighty
- Weapons with the best stats
- Ability to fuse Satanael, the most powerful Persona in the game
3. Changes in NG+
New Game Plus in Persona 5 Royal features some changes from the original playthrough. Here are some of the differences you can expect:
- The game is generally easier due to carrying over equipment and levels
- Some enemies and bosses will be tougher due to increased levels
- Some events and cutscenes have been changed or added
- Some new confidants and social events are available
Overall, NG+ offers a fresh experience while also allowing you to retain your progress from previous playthroughs.
4. Tips for NG+
To get the most out of New Game Plus in Persona 5 Royal, here are some tips:
- Focus on leveling up new Confidants and trying out new Personas
- Challenge harder difficulties or complete the game in a different order
- Make use of unique items only available in NG+
- Try unlocking all the game’s trophies or completing challenges like defeating all the optional bosses
Overall, NG+ in Persona 5 Royal offers lots of opportunities to try new things and find new challenges to keep your experience fresh.
Starting NG+ in Persona 5 Royal is a great way to replay the game while retaining all of your progress and items from your previous playthroughs. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can start NG+ easily and enjoy the new features and changes offered as you play through the game once again. Whether you want to try out new confidants, experiment with new Personas, or challenge yourself with hard mode or other challenges, NG+ offers plenty of opportunities to keep your experience fresh and exciting.